MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Blooming science

Here is a fun little science project for the family. The Day after Valentine's Day a local store discounted their flowers and I picked up these white blooms. We then added food color to water and let them set.


A week later we checked them to see if the flowers had "drank" any of the color and we has success!


Total cost of the project was $2.50 for the flowers, the use of 6 glasses for a week and lots of patience. The reward? Spending time together, the fun of checking and rechecking the flowers and the chance to educate my child about how flowers "drink."

No comments:

Post a Comment