MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Home sweet home





We love nature here at MAD Family Fun. Anything we can do to introduce our son to the world around him is top on our list. A few years back we dug a small pond to attract wildlife to our yard. We planted native plants around it and put in cover, like logs.

Our son has always like frogs and toad. So we made a toad house. We used a terracotta pot and actually struck it with a hammer. Let me tell you, we used a few pots! It was a fine line between hitting it too hard and too soft.

As I get older I find there are much better ways to do things some times. This is one of those time! The NWF has awesome plans for making a toad house. They still use a flower pot but they were smart, they used plastic and cut it with scissors. Ahhh much cheaper then terracotta! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment