MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Meet the “staff” behind MAD Family Fun!



Hi!! I am Mindie and I just turn 37 (gasp) but frankly I still feel 25. I am married to a wonderful man, Adam. And we have an amazing son, David, who will be 5 next month. While David is amazing he is also amazingly naughty at times too!

I have a degree in history and have worked in museums, zoos, and aquariums. Now I am a full time stay at home mom, which is kind of funny for a girl who was never going to get married or have kids! Funny how life gives you what you need, not what you thought you wanted.

We live in a very small town in Michigan, but we have “major” cities within driving distance. I make a point of reading the papers and searching high and low to find things to do. Might as well take advantage of what’s out there, right? Friends and family always asked where I find so many fun activities and events and that is how MAD Family Fun came to be. Having fun shouldn’t coast a lot, period. And I believe all families could do with an extra dose of fun these days.

So what makes me me? Well I am still trying to figure that one out! But I do know that the loss of our first son, Andrew, who was still born at 38 weeks, has definitely made me the mommy I am. Andrew taught me life can be short and to live it as full as you can while you can. I think that is why I make a point of having fun and experiencing life to the fullest everyday. While some people might think it strange that I have baby chicks living in my dinning room, I say why not! While some people might cringe that I let my 4 yr old handle an alligator, I say why not??? When my hubby brought up tapping our trees to make our own maple syrup, I said, why not!

We learn, love and share life here at MAD and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Yes, we might be over run by a dog, 3 cats, a rat, a snapping turtle, 2 chicks and a butt load of fish, but the joy we get and lessons we learn are all worth it. I may not have the newest, nicest truck, but then again, I don’t have to worry about getting it dirty when it is time to go on an adventure. My house may not be spotless, oh and it is not, but the crafts that we make are too much fun. I would rather pretend my couch is a pirate ship and sail it all day long with my son, then do dishes or laundry.

So that’s just a little bit about who the M in MAD is. I enjoy sharing my adventures and helping others find their own. And if you ever have any questions for me, feel free to ask. Maybe one of these days I will do a Q and A session with you. But for now, it is back to the fun…..get out there and have some fun today people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment