MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Campout, fun and done!

Home Sweet Home (in the backyard)

Did you take part in the Great American Backyard Campout? We did!! We had a wonderful time roasting marshmallows and catching fireflies. We had crawled in the tent for the night and someone would NOT stop talking so I told him a campfire story.

I told him there were Oooblies who were bigger then cats but smaller then dogs. They had purple eyes and ate grass. But their most favorite thing to eat ever was a child filled with marshmallows. At this point, the boy claimed he had not eaten a single marshmallow. I told him when they found a tent with a kid full of marshmallows, they scratched at the tent. Well of course I had to scratch the tent!

He then claimed to have had 3 marshmallows. When the scratching got louder he yelled "I HAD MORE THEN 3!!!" I could not stop laughing. Needless to say, even though I assured him there were no such things as Oooblies, the tent was abandoned around midnight. Though to his credit at 3 am he wanted to go back out!

I think backyard campouts might have to become a tradition, Oooblies and all!

Catching fireflies

Hot dogs and S'mores. Check the dog out eyeballing the boys s'more on the arm of the chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment