MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Give your kid paints and walk away

I know what you thinking "are you crazy?" Maybe! But they make washable paints just for kids. If you don't want a big mess, go to a dollar store and pick up a shower curtain to lay down before you turn the little ones loose with paint.

Why do I say walk away...well because children want to impress. If you stand over their shoulder they are going to be nervous about "getting it right." If you do it with them, more then likely they will try to copy your painting. When you walk away they can experiment and let their creativity flow.

I know it is a scary idea to turn little ones loose with paint but I promise you will be surprised by the results!

Poodle being chased by a tornado

No comments:

Post a Comment