MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter fun


When it is 20 degrees out, the last thing we as parents want to do is stand outside and freeze our bums off. Am I right?!?! But I had a reminder yesterday, as I stood there freezing at the sledding hill, three weeks before my c-section date ..... this was a childhood memory my son will have always.

The joy on his frozen pink checked face as he raced passed me brought a smile to my heart. Why am I telling you all this? Because some times we need to suck it up and do things that may not appeal to us, but will bring our children great joy.

So put on those gloves, extra sock, and long undies and get out there. Forget your age and make a snow angel. Build a snowman. Bruise your butt on a sledding hill. Just remember, they are only small once and you don't want to miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment