MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How a chicken hatches from an egg

I love sharing things with my children that I think will peak their interests and possible teach them something. As most of you know, our oldest son has a couple chickens we raised from babies last spring. This year he is joining 4-H as a clover bud and will be taking a chicken to the fair. We are so excited for him. He really does love chickens.

He knows chickens come from eggs, but I am sure ANY time now the questions are going to start as to how that chicken grew in there. Well thank goodness for our friends over at Fresh Eggs Daily on Facebook!! They have a blog and started a new project that we will be following closely to get some of these answers. It is the The Great Egg-scape. They are hatching eggs in an incubator and you can follow along on the great adventure.

Like today I learned that on day 6 of incubation wings and legs of each embryo are almost complete!! How cool is that!!!

from Fresh Eggs Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment