MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Monday, July 2, 2012

What do you call a group of......


Yes this is a barrel of monkeys (well orangutans to be exact.) But did you ever wonder what a group of monkey's was called? A barrel! I kid you not. Now when someone says "more fun then a barrel of monkeys" I no longer thing of the game but a group of monkeys, which honestly makes soooo much more sense!

The USGS has a wonderful list of all sorts of animals and what a group of them are called. Check it out and you might just learn something. Have fun with the list by asking your kids what they think a group is called before telling them. I know I giggled a little when I learned what a group of hippos is call!

No comments:

Post a Comment