MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Photo Frame from your local paint department

When was the last time you cruised your paint department at your local home improvement store? Well we have been looking for a color for our living room and while we were there I noticed all the amazing (FREE) fall colored paint chips. And then I saw the bucket of paint can stir sticks (FREE.) And of course my mind went totally into craft mode!

So here is what I came up with.... A Fall Photo Frame made out of paint stir sticks and leaves cut out of paint chips. Simply glue the four sticks to make the frame. Next, run outside and pick up a few fallen leaves to use as a template. I drew the leaves on the back of the chips. Simple cute out the leaves and glue them around the frame.



I may be a little bias, but I think that our oldest son made a beautiful frame! I put it over one of our photos that was hanging on the wall and it added such a nice bright touch to the room. So the next time your at a home improvement store, stock up on paint department "freebies" so you to can make one of these beautiful festive frames!




No comments:

Post a Comment