MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Make a Cornucopia

 
The Cornucopia (also know as the horn of plenty) is symbol of abundance and nourishment and has become a Thanksgiving icon. With just a paper plate, twine and generous amounts of glue you can make your own cornucopia as part of a center piece or a few to fill with yummy goodies like popcorn as a snack.

Simply roll the paper plate into a horn and tape. Next grab the glue and be generous with it as you start at one end of the horn and wrap it with twine. This craft is not for the toddler set as it takes some patience, time and LOTS of glue. When you get to the other end, secure the twine with tape till the glue dries.

Once I had my paper plate wrapped in twine, I turned it over a pop bottle and added even more glue over the top of the twine. I left it on the bottle to dry over night. The next day my cornucopia was very firm and sturdy and ready to be filled. Since we were out of popcorn, I used beans to give you an example. I will have to pop by the store for my popcorn!

This craft is an item you can store and use for years to come. Who knows, maybe one day they will end up on the Thanksgiving tables of the grown children who helped make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment